We were recently engaged by a client to conduct a search for a Senior Product Manager for a Series-A paymentech startup based in Silicon Valley.
We conducted a targeted search on their behalf, seeking a Senior Product Manager who could develop stand alone product features from their core product to generate additional revenue streams or API integration points.
We presented 4 candidates:
The SaaS Expert - $145K Base
- 11 years of employment experience, all spent in product management for SaaS organizations
- Experience across technology platforms, mobile solutions and analytical tools within financial CRM, HR analytics, and consumer products
- Well-rounded product experience including, owning product strategy, vision, API integrations, partner management and market delivery
- B.Sc in Computer Science
The Fintech Fanatic - $140K Base
- 6 years of employment experience, 3 years spent in product management
- Experience across data analytics, AI and ML within fintech, commercial banking, lending, credit risk and adjudication products
- Well-rounded product experience including, leadership of large product teams and shipping products at scale with significant measurable impacts
- B.Sc in Economics
The Technical Wizard - $125K Base
- 7 years of employment experience, 5 years spent in product management
- Experience in SaaS across fintech, mortgage automation and adtech
- Well-rounded product experience including, owning product strategy, development and growth as well as leading API integrations and building analytics and data visualization products
- Bachelor of Computing
- 12 years of employment experience, 8 years spent in product management
- Experience in paymentech, most recently rebuilding and reimagining a legacy B2B solution for a leading retail platform
- Well-rounded product experience including championing discovery of net-new product experiences to drive ROI and previous strategic consulting services work
- Engineering Degree + MBA
To attract and land this candidate, our client offered a $165K base + significant equity
As you can see, compensation for these candidates varies significantly based on the length and scope of experience, as well as their ability to thrive in similar environments.
* * * * *
For organizations and job seekers alike, it can be challenging to understand what a particular position should pay. Often, it’s a calculation between salary surveys that lack context, what a person has earned in the past, and ad hoc conversations with others in the field.
These posts are meant to highlight the contextual elements that make up compensation and help our clients and candidates better understand the current market forces that affect earning potential.
Is your organization hiring key product positions to drive growth?
Book a consultation with our friendly and knowledgeable team — we live and breathe the product talent ecosystem and can help you better understand the market.