Sr. Systems Architect
Our client is a Canadian success story: founded in 1991, privately held and profitable. Their suite of solutions ensure that someone, whether an Adventurer or a remote worker, has access to satellite based communication, ensuring their safety while being "off the grid".
Our client is on the hunt for a Senior Systems Architect who will be responsible for leading the design, development and evolution of their core services and applications into a state-of-the-art SaaS
and AWS environment.
Working with product management, customer care, sales and marketing, the successful candidate will define, implement, and manage the selection and integration of marketing websites and webstores, online customer account
subscription and management portals, provisioning devices and data collection, billing, rating and invoicing, as well as interfaces for device, business and financial management applications.
This is a very hands-on architecture role that includes managing a small team of business systems analysts and developers to help assess and prototype alternatives, and work with internal as well as external developer partners.
The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of how to create a flexible, modular infrastructure with high availability, scalability, and reuse while at the same time meeting the security and privacy requirements of an evolving global business.
Experience & Expertise
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- 10+ years in IT development with the last 5 years in systems architecture
- 2+ years' experience managing a small team
- Experience leading cross-functional technical projects with an attention to detail
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to justify and drive your designs
- Proven ability to innovate, think outside the box, prototype, and iterate
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Self-starter able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- High tolerance for ambiguity and continuous change
- Flexible with design approaches and design changes. Non-dogmatic
- Desire to continuously learn
Technical Experience (required):
- Solid understanding of distributed architecture patterns and loose coupling
- Specific knowledge and experience with AWS Serverless Architecture development
- API Gateway, Swagger, Lambda, OneStep, SQS/SNS, Event Bridge, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, CDK, Athena, S3, IAM, RDS or DynamoDB, AWSCLI, SAM. i.e the AWS serverless stack
- Ability to lead design workshops, specifically with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with a variety of application development technologies and solutions including .Net or JEE for complex organizations
- Experience with asynchronous distributed system, messaging, streaming, event driven systems
- Experience with SOA, SOAP, REST, BPM, ESB and Orchestration
- Relational and non-relational database experience
- Experience with Authentication/Authorisation systems
- Knowledge of process and architecture modelling methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture modelling using TOGAF or Zachman
- Experience with Single Page Web Applications, Headless and PWA
Nice to have:
- Data Integration strategies and implementation such as MDM technology
- Mobile and satellite device technology
- Subscription Billing systems, Order Management systems, CRM and ERP.
- Systems management and monitoring