We were recently engaged by a client to conduct a search for a Director of Marketing. Our client is a North-American SaaS-based digital wealth management platform that allows customers to better manage their investments and reach their financial goals.
We conducted a very targeted search on their behalf, seeking a strategic marketing leader with strong execution skills and a background in Fintech/Wealth management. This role would be a net-new leadership hire for the organization and play a critical role in strengthening the brand equity and managing all digital programs to drive demand and growth.
We presented 4 candidates:
The WealthTech Wizard - $138K base
- 10 years of employment experience, 8 of which were in various marketing capacities
- Experience in growth marketing, brand management, digital strategy, and partner marketing for the banking and wealth-tech verticals
- Built a high performing marketing function by implementing a lead generation process and customer acquisition programs
- Degree in Business Administration
The Fintech Fanatic - $130K base
- 18+ years of employment experience, 13 spent in business development and account management, and 5 years in marketing
- Experience in FinServ, Fintech and Payments verticals
- Executed and launched the marketing function for a Fintech leader as well as owned their social media, GTM and new product launch strategies
- 3 Advanced Diplomas in Marketing, Management and Business Administration
The All-Around Allstar - $110K Base
- 10 years of employment experience, 7 of which were in marketing
- Experience in digital marketing, ABM, lead gen and campaign management
- Successfully launched and implemented digital strategies, GTM plans and marketing programs across tech, telecom and media/advertising verticals
- B.Sc in Design Studies and Masters Degree in Marketing
- 9 years of employment experience, all spent in marketing, and 5 years with B2B SaaS organizations
- Experience running digital marketing, product launches, ABM, SEO, Content, multi-channel campaigns, and experiential marketing programs
- This hands-on candidate revamped an entire marketing function, building a demand gen engine and successful outbound programs that tripled SQL conversion
- B.A. in Economics and Diploma in Graphic Design
To attract and land this candidate, our client offered a $135K base + Profit Sharing & Bonus.
As you can see, compensation for these candidates varies significantly based on the length and scope of experience, as well as their ability to thrive in similar environments.
* * * * *
For organizations and job seekers alike, it can be challenging to understand what a particular position should pay. Often, it’s a calculation between salary surveys that lack all context, what a person has earned in the past, and ad hoc conversations with others in the field.
We’re sharing market insights into current compensation packages for key roles in the tech industry. Our recruiters conduct targeted searches on behalf of our clients, seeking out candidates who fit the requirements of the role and diligently qualifying them to present only the very best talent. These posts are meant to highlight the contextual elements that makeup compensation, and to help our clients and candidates better understand the current market forces that affect earning potential.
Is your organization hiring key c-suite executives to drive your growth? Book a consultation with our friendly and knowledgeable team today—we live and breathe the tech talent ecosystem and can help you understand the market for the talent you need.