Hiring Talent as a Seed or Series A Funded StartupThis is part II of our three-part Startup Stories series covering the journey of Series A companies who’ve retained us to help them build their business with a strategic hire.
Last week, we covered how we helped a 40-person Series A funded B2B SaaS company hire a Product Management Leader after three unsuccessful months of trying to go it alone.
- We were retained by a 20-person B2B SaaS company who had raised their Series A weeks before.
- We were hired to lead a Senior Product Manager search.
- The goal of this hire was to champion the roadmap of their integration (API) strategy.
- The company had a high-profile US-based Founder, while product was being led from Canada so there was flexibility to hire anywhere across North America.
- The client chose to retain us to ensure the search would be done right and quickly.
- We completed the search in 33 business days.
- The candidate we placed had:
- Relevant experience, launching a product in a market similar to our client's.
- Worked for startups earlier in their career and had thrived in the fast-paced environment.
- Successfully developed net-new experiences which required ideation, deep discovery and validation of hypothesis.