VP of Hardware Engineering
Our client is a global leader in the design, manufacturing, and support of IoT solutions for enterprise clients.
They design and support solutions for some of the most innovative brands in the world, across a wide variety of industries.
Our client is well-funded, employs approximately 200 people, and has received a number of awards recognizing them for their innovation, and for being an excellent place to work.
You are a driven and passionate VP of Hardware Engineering who will develop and own the Hardware vision of our client's organization and ensures it aligns with their corporate product plan.
You think big and dream big! You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
You see further and understand the big picture and the needs of other stakeholders to make something larger than what you can alone. You will work with the CTO, Product and other Engineering departments to develop, communicate and execute the product strategy.
- You will shape and enforce standard procedures and processes for the hardware department.
- You will lead and guide the controls, electrical, mechanical and systems design teams to ensure they support product launches efficiently.
- You will plan, oversee and be responsible for budgets in the USD 2 - 10M range and team sizes in the 20-50 FT range
- You will identify, manage and nurture partnerships with strategic suppliers.
- You will have insight into and regularly communicate risks and build/buy/partner options.
- You will provide oversight for and take responsibility for certification and compliance efforts
Experience & Expertise
- You have 10+ years of experience in hardware product design and 5+ years of management experience in building and leading successful engineering teams
- You have a great understanding of the various costing models in hardware products and experience in value engineering exercises
- You are an expert in hardware engineering development and system integration
- You are experienced in managing suppliers and outsourcing design and manufacturing
- You are skilled in project planning and taking a product from concept to production
- You are experienced in balancing product sustaining requirements with innovation and continuous improvement programs
- You have worked in automotive, robotics, or heavy equipment industries
Bonus points for:
- Knowledgeable in mechatronic systems exposure in industrial or automotive environments
- Experience with stationary or mobile robotics and software development
- Knowledge of relevant safety systems, regulatory environments, and compliance
- Experience with firmware and/or software development planning