We were recently engaged by a client to conduct a search for an individual contributor Demand Generation Marketer who could pioneer and lead the company's outbound marketing.
Our client is a Canadian-based B2B SaaS organization and a leader in enterprise solutions for nonprofits across North America.
We conducted a targeted search across North American, focusing on a Demand Generation Marketer who was able to build, design and lead top of funnel B2B campaigns across all channels (email marketing, ABM, content marketing, social, etc.)
We presented 4 candidates.
The Knowledgeable Newbie - $70K Base
- 5 years of employment experience, all of which was in marketing
- 2 years of Demand Generation and startup experience
- Current responsibilities included landing page creation, sales enablement content, email marketing, content creation (blogs, case studies, website updates), ABM, and webinars
- Proficient with: HubSpot, Marketo, Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics and Adobe
- Marketing Degree
The MarTech Master - $90K + Performance Bonus + Stock Options
- 10 years of employment experience, 6 of which were in marketing
- 3 years of Demand Generation and startup experience
- Current responsibilities included website maintenance & A/B testing, email marketing, social media, content creation, and webinars
- Proficient with: HubSpot, Salesforce, Crazy Egg, SEM Rush, and WordPress
- Marketing Degree
The Valuable Veteran - $90K + 10% Bonus
- 20 years of employment experience, all of which was in marketing
- 6 years of Demand Generation and startup experience
- Current responsibilities included budgeting, strategizing and executing on lead generation campaigns, email marketing, events, webinars and content creation
- Proficient with: Salesforce, Eloqua and Google Suite
- MBA Degree
- 22 years of employment experience, all of which was in marketing
- 9 years of Demand Generation and startup experience
- Current responsibilities included strategy and execution of nurture campaigns, email marketing, summits, virtual events, and webinars
- Proficient with: Marketo, HubSpot, Eloqua, Google Suite and Salesforce
- Business and Marketing Degree
Our client offered our candidate $95K Base + 5k Performance Bonus.
As you can see, compensation for these candidates varies based on the length and scope of experience, as well as their ability to thrive in similar environments.
* * * * *
For organizations and job seekers alike, it can be challenging to understand what a particular position should pay. Often, it’s a calculation between salary surveys that lack context, what a person has earned in the past, and ad hoc conversations with others in the field.
These posts are meant to highlight the contextual elements that make up compensation and help our clients and candidates better understand the current market forces that affect earning potential.
Is your organization hiring key product and design positions to drive growth? Book a consultation with our friendly and knowledgeable team.