We were recently engaged by a client to conduct a search for an Enterprise Account Executive. Our client is an award-winning B2B SaaS company that utilizes AI and analytics to enhance all aspects of the business experience.
We conducted a targeted search on their behalf, seeking Enterprise Account Executives with proven software or technology sales and account management experience closing 6-figure deal sizes. Additionally, they wanted candidates with strong methodology for managing a sales cycle from prospect to close.
We presented 4 candidates:
The Constant Closer - $150K base/$300K OTE
- 10 years of experience selling software and 5 years selling analytics solutions
- Experience selling to financial services, healthcare, media and CPG
- Sold $1.5M in analytics solutions with average deal size of $200K ACV
- History of achieving President’s Club consecutively
- BA in Business
The Above-Average Achiever - $120K base/$240K OTE
- 10 years of experience in software sales with a focus on telco solutions and 3 years selling AI solutions
- Currently selling software to financial services, insurance and telco
- Track record of achieving 150%+ of quota with average deal size of $500K ACV
- BS in Marketing + MBA
The Selling Superstar - $150K base/$300K OTE
- 20 years of experience in enterprise software sales and 5 years selling analytics solutions
- Currently selling SaaS to fortune 500 companies
- Consistently at or above their $1M quota with an average deal size of $100K ACV
- BA, Economics
- 20+ years of experience selling software and 5 years selling enterprise solutions
- Selling experience focused on analytics and AI solutions
- History of overachieving $2M quota with an average deal size of $350K ACV
- BS, Business Marketing
To attract and land this candidate, our client offered a $160K base and $320K OTE as well as an option grant.
As you can see, compensation for these candidates varies significantly based on the length and scope of experience, as well as their ability to thrive in similar environments.
* * * * *
For organizations and job seekers alike, it can be challenging to understand what a particular position should pay. Often, it’s a calculation between salary surveys (that lack overall context), what a person has earned in the past, and ad hoc conversations with others in their field.
By sharing market insights into current compensation we hope to highlight the contextual elements that makeup compensation and help our clients and candidates better understand current market forces affecting earning potential.
Is your organization hiring key sales executives to drive growth? Book a consultation with our friendly and knowledgeable team today—we live and breathe the tech talent ecosystem and can help you find the talent you need.