We were recently engaged by a client to conduct a search for a Enterprise Sales Director.
Our client built an intelligent automation and process management software. This softwares transforms the way their customers collect data and allows users to have more control, efficiency and better understanding of the content entering their organization.
We conducted a targeted search on their behalf, seeking a hunter able to identify net new logos and bring deals to a close. Candidates needed to have demonstrated knowledge of setting up sales processes from ground up; recruiting, ramping up and training sales individuals. They also needed to be hands-on and able to manage qualifying needs analysis, demos, negotiations and close.
We presented 4 candidates:
The Industrious Independent - Base $175K - OTE 350K
- 18+ years of experience in sales
- Was the first and only sales hire in Canada and helped grow a team and build out the sales processes from the ground up
- Sold into Finserve, Fintech and hospitality
- Quota was $1.4M and attainment was 107% for 2022
The Brand-Name Biller - Base $150K USD - OTE $300K USD
- 15+ years of experience in sales from early stage startups through to Fortune50
- Average deal size was $150K - 200K on 3-10 months sales cycles and sold to 450 of North America's largest retailers (Nike, Sephora, Puma etc.)
- Managed a team of 5 BDRs
- Quota was $1.6M and attainment was 120% for 2022
The Hands-On Hunter - Base $160K - OTE $260K
- 5 years of experience in Enterprise Software Sales
- Pure hunter doing their own prospecting and selling into the C-Suite at investment dealers, mutual fund dealers, alternative fund managers and the larger insurance industry
- Managed a team of 40 sales reps (SMB, Mid-Market and Enterprise AEs)
- Quota was $2M and attainment was 110% for 2022
- 20 years of experience in enterprise software sales and 2 years of experience leading as a Country Manager
- Owned the GTM strategy and was the first and only sales hire in the country
- Sold to tier 1 & 2 banks and insurance providers
- Built a book of business worth $19M in less than 2 years
- Quota was $3M and attainment was 180% for 2022
- Master’s Degree
To attract and land this candidate, our client offered a $180K Base - $280K OTE.
As you can see, compensation for these candidates varies significantly based on the length and scope of experience, as well as their ability to thrive in similar environments.
* * * * *
For organizations and job seekers alike, it can be challenging to understand what a particular position should pay. Often, it’s a calculation between salary surveys that lack all context, what a person has earned in the past, and ad hoc conversations with others in the field.
We’re sharing market insights into current compensation packages for key roles in the tech industry. Our Recruiters conduct targeted searches on behalf of our clients, seeking out candidates who fit the requirements of the role and diligently qualifying them to present only the very best talent.
These posts are meant to highlight the contextual elements that makeup compensation, and to help our clients and candidates better understand the current market forces that affect earning potential.
Is your organization hiring Sales Leaders? Book a consultation with our friendly and knowledgeable team today.