We were recently engaged by a client to conduct a search for a Product Design Lead.
Our client is an early-stage B2C proptech company with ambitious growth goals and the funding to support their next level of growth.
We conducted a targeted search on their behalf, seeking a strategic, tactical, and passionate designer who could establish the function for our client.
For this hire to be successful, we were seeking those with:
- Experience working for early stage B2C tech companies
- Strong design portfolio illustrating their ability to execute on a range of end-to-end design projects
- In-depth knowledge of product design I.T. infrastructures, process improvements, and design systems
- Preference for those with proptech and/or marketplace platform experience
We presented five strong candidates:
The Innovation Teacher - $140k Base
- 7+ years of end-to-end innovation focused on product design and development experience
- Managed the entire end-to-end design, including; user-research, design strategy, ideation/concepting, prototyping, and the delivery of high-fidelity designs
- Worked within innovation, brand experience, and growth product design for 5+ years leading end-to-end product design for a major telecoms company
- UX Design teacher, delivering lectures and mentoring 30+ incoming Designers on all aspects of UX design
- BA Degree in Cognitive Science
The E-Commerce Wizard - $180k Base + 15% Bonus
- 6+ years of end-to-end B2C product design experience at high-growth tech companies
- Strong user-research experience and was tasked with leading the design and research for the launch of a major global retailer’s new partner site
- Design lead for two major projects where they contributed to increasing user engagement and security
- Ample experience building and maintaining design systems at the early-stage of development and with established large-scale design systems
- BA Degree in Behaviour Science & Post Grad Certificate in Design
The Marketplace Platform Design Specialist - $140k Base
- 10+ years of design experience and over 6+ years of B2C end-to-end product design experience
- Redesigned and improved and entire 'Buyer and Seller' customer journey for a major online global e-commerce company where they managed the end-to-end design solutions
- Project Design Lead and UI/UX Designer at a creative digital design agency where they managed all end-to-end initiatives in web, native applications, branding and iconography
- Led end-to-end design at a major software company for a series of multi-platform web applications that catered to both consumer and professional creative Designers
- BA Degree in Design
The Home-Tech Design Professional - $125k Base + 15% Bonus + RSUs
- 10+ years of end-to-end design experience leading design for startups within innovation labs, banking, e-commerce, and across design agencies
- Managed a team of intermediate Designers, working closely with the Head of Product to establish design priorities and improvements
- End-to-end UI/UX Product Designer on the mobile team at an insurtech company focused on building/delivering native apps, user-centered experience, prototyping, and user interface design
- Strong experience managing user-experience, usability testing, user interviews, product rebranding, website redesign, user dashboards, mobile (iOS/Android) app design, and enhanced design process
- BA Degree in Design
- 12+ years of product design experience working for early-stage high-growth B2C tech companies
- Managed end-to-end design for an innovation lab and worked on net-new product launch designs across multiple industries (media, banking, and technology)
- Successfully implemented key design processes and gained management experience
- Strong design portfolio and resume that illustrated their ability to execute on a wide-range of end-to-end design projects
- BA Degree in Design
To attract and land this candidate, our client offered a $140,000 CAD Base + Options.
As you can see, compensation for these candidates varies significantly based on the length and scope of experience, as well as their ability to thrive in similar environments.
* * * * *
Is your organization hiring Product Designers? Book a consultation with our friendly and knowledgeable team today—we live and breathe the product design talent ecosystem every day, and can help you understand the market for the talent you need.