We were recently engaged by a client to conduct a search for a Product Marketing Manager. Our client is a Canadian headquartered payment-tech company. Launched in 2003, their state of art payments processing technology is utilized in more than 30 countries and their products are used by millions worldwide.
Our client was looking for a candidate with a technical background, who had shipped a digital product (such as mobile games or apps) and demonstrated the ability to "stick with it" and grow the product's features to delight users.
We presented a range of candidates:
The Payments Professional - 75k Base
- 6 years of employment experience, 3 of which were Marketing for a leading next generation payments platform
- Experience with content marketing, branding and driving GTM strategies
- Political Science Degree + MBA
The Analytical Aficionado - 86k Base
- 8 years of employment experience, including 6 years in Product Marketing and Analytics
- Revamped and executed pricing strategy, supported GTM and new campaigns for a Money Transfer organization
- Business Administration Degree
The Finserv Fanatic - $85K Base
- 15 years employment experience, 12 of which were Marketing an industry leading Money Transfer business
- Strong focus on Canada and international markets
- Degree in Advertising and Public Relations + MBA
The Hire - $90K Base
- 10 years of employment experience, 9 of which were in marketing, customer acquisition, digital marketing and driving product strategy
- As a Lead Marketer, they built the marketing strategy from the ground-up for a Retail-Tech POS startup
- B.Tech + MBA
To secure our candidate, our client offered a $100K base + profit sharing.
As you can see, compensation for these candidates varies based on the length and scope of experience, as well as their ability to thrive in similar environments.
* * * * *
For organizations and job seekers alike, it can be challenging to understand what a particular position should pay. Often, it’s a calculation between salary surveys that lack all context, what a person has earned in the past, and ad hoc conversations with others in the field.
We’re sharing market insights into current compensation packages for key roles in the tech industry. Our recruiters conduct targeted searches on behalf of our clients, seeking out candidates who fit the requirements of the role and diligently qualifying them to present only the very best talent. These posts are meant to highlight the contextual elements that makeup compensation, and to help our clients and candidates better understand the current market forces that affect earning potential.
Is your organization hiring key product talent that will drive your growth? Book a consultation with our friendly and knowledgeable team today—we live and breathe the tech talent ecosystem every day, and can help you understand the market for the talent you need.