Our client is a programmatic SaaS scaleup whose main B2B platform helps companies run outbound campaigns more efficiently. They were in the process of expanding their product suite and were looking for a senior-level Product Development leader to help drive this growth. This hire would be tasked with scaling the engineering team as well as developing new product-led growth revenue strategies.
We presented 4 candidates:
Scale-up Specialist – $230k Base + 25% Bonus + RSUs
- 20+ years of engineering leadership experience primarily within enterprise B2B SaaS settings
- A product leader at a POS and ecommerce scale-up
- Scaled product and development org from 60 to 150, while also putting a process and structure that contributed to an IPO
- Previously a CTO at SaaS startup where they built the engineering org 0 to 45 and lead the company through a Series B
- Bachelor’s of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Product-Led-Growth Expert - $300k Base + 100% Bonus + RSUs
- 10+ years of engineering leadership experience primarily within B2B settings
- An engineering leader for a Fortune50 e-commerce brand
- Scaled the engineering team from 0-50, while also inheriting and transforming the company's B2C product line that was struggling with innovation
- Built a long-term product roadmap that increased engagement and paying members by 10M+
- Master’s in Computer Science + MBA
Web Platforms Expert - 300k Base & Bonus + RSUs
- 4+ years of experience in engineering leadership within B2B SaaS settings
- An engineering leader for a workplace analytics startup
- Scaled the engineering team from 0 to 12, while also bringing their first generation IoT solution to market
- Previously a senior-level engineer at a healthtech startup where they scaled the team from 16 to 40
- Business Systems/IT Analyst Diploma
- 10+ years of engineering leadership experience primarily within enterprise B2B SaaS settings
- An engineering leader of a global cybersecurity company
- Scaled the R&D and engineering teams from 0 to 40, with a heavy focus on new product development and innovation
- Previously a Co-Founder of a B2B SaaS company that grew to 40 employees, $5M ARR, and 3000 global customers in just 8 years
- Master of Applied Science in Computer Engineering
To attract and land this candidate, our client offered a $550k Base + Signing Bonus + Options
As you can see, compensation for these candidates varies significantly based on the length and scope of experience, as well as their ability to thrive in similar environments.
* * * * *
For organizations and job seekers alike, it can be challenging to understand what a particular position should pay. Often, it’s a calculation between salary surveys that lack all context, what a person has earned in the past, and ad hoc conversations with others in the field.
We’re sharing market insights into current compensation packages for key roles in the tech industry. Our Recruiters conduct targeted searches on behalf of our clients, seeking out candidates who fit the requirements of the role and diligently qualifying them to present only the very best talent. These posts are meant to highlight the contextual elements that makeup compensation, and to help our clients and candidates better understand the current market forces that affect earning potential.
Is your organization hiring key c-suite executives to drive your growth? Book a consultation with our friendly and knowledgeable team today—we live and breathe the tech talent ecosystem every day, and can help you understand the market for the talent you need.